The BITE-group is part of the Medical Delta and the Delft Bioengineering Institute, co-founder of Dutch Soft Robotics and the Painless Foundation and creative breeding place of spin-off companies Simendo and DEAM. We collaborate with many universities, companies and hospitals all over the world within various research projects and EU programmes, such as ATLAS ITN and Interreg 3DMed. Please scroll down for a list of the current collaborations.
Technical Universities & Research Centers (international)
- BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa, Italy, Prof. A. Menciassi (surgical robotics).
- Institute for Medical Science and Technology (IMSaT), Dundee, Scotland, Prof. A. Cuschieri (minimal access surgery), Prof. A. Melzer (MRI-guided interventions & surgery).
- Austrian Center for Medical Innovation and Technology (ACMIT), Vienna, Austria, Dr. F. Jelinek (surgical robotics).
- Hirose and Fukushima Laboratory, Faculty of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Prof. S. Hirose (innovative robotic devices).
- SINTEF, Dept. of Medical Technology, Trondheim, Norway, Dr. T. Langø (medical technology).
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, USA, Prof. A.H. Slocum, Dr. N. Hanumara.
- BIOKON International Biomimetics Association.
Technical Universities & Research Centers (national)
- Wageningen University, Prof. J. van Leeuwen (animal biomechanics).
- Twente University, Dr. S. Misra (steerable needles).
- TNO, various departments.
- Dutch Biomimicry Consortium (BiomimicryNL).
- Academic Medical Center (AMC), Amsterdam, Prof. W.J. Fokkens (ENT), Prof. P. Fockens (gastrointestinal endoscopy), Prof. C.A. Grimbergen (medical physics), Prof. H.J.C.M Sterenborg (optical diagnosis).
- Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), Leiden, Prof. F.W. Jansen (gynecology), Prof. M. Malessy (neurosurgery), Dr. W.R. van Furth (skull base surgery), Dr. C. Georgalas (ENT), Dr. A.L. Vahrmeijer (oncology).
- Erasmus Medical Center (EUMC), Rotterdam, Prof. A.F.W. van der Steen (cardiovascular imaging), Dr. G. van Soest (intravascular imaging), Prof. C. Löwik (optical molecular imaging).
- Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Rotterdam, Prof. J.C. van Meurs (vitreoretinal surgery).
- University of Utrecht, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Prof. W. Back (equine surgery).
- Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI), Amsterdam, Prof. H.J.C.M. Sterenborg (optical diagnosis).
- Reinier de Graaf Hospital, Delft, “Friends of Reinier de Graaf” foundation.
- HAGA Hospital, The Hague, Dr. P. J. van Huijstee (trauma and general thoracic surgery).
- Philips Research (NL)
- Corbion Purac (NL)
- DEMCON (NL)
- Technobis (NL)
- LifeTec Group (NL)
- NEMAG (NL)
- Delft Prosthetics (NL)
- DORC (NL)
For more information on the foundation of DEAM, see here.