The BITE-group is part of the Medical Delta and the Painless Foundation, with spin-off companies Simendo and DEAM. We collaborate with many universities, companies and hospitals all over the world. Please scroll down for a list of the current collaborations.
Technical Universities & Research Centers (international)
- BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa, Italy, Prof. A. Menciassi (surgical robotics).
- Institute for Medical Science and Technology (IMSaT), Dundee, Scotland, Prof. A. Cuschieri (minimal access surgery), Prof. A. Melzer (MRI-guided interventions & surgery).
- Austrian Center for Medical Innovation and Technology (ACMIT), Vienna, Austria, Dr. F. Jelinek (surgical robotics).
- Hirose and Fukushima Laboratory, Faculty of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Prof. S. Hirose (innovative robotic devices).
- SINTEF, Dept. of Medical Technology, Trondheim, Norway, Dr. T. Langø (medical technology).
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, USA, Prof. A.H. Slocum, Dr. N. Hanumara.
- BIOKON International Biomimetics Association.
Technical Universities & Research Centers (national)
- Wageningen University, Prof. J. van Leeuwen (animal biomechanics).
- Twente University, Dr. S. Misra (steerable needles).
- TNO, various departments.
- Dutch Biomimicry Consortium (BiomimicryNL).
- Academic Medical Center (AMC), Amsterdam, Prof. W.J. Fokkens (ENT), Prof. P. Fockens (gastrointestinal endoscopy), Prof. C.A. Grimbergen (medical physics), Prof. H.J.C.M Sterenborg (optical diagnosis).
- Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), Leiden, Prof. F.W. Jansen (gynecology), Prof. M. Malessy (neurosurgery), Dr. W.R. van Furth (skull base surgery), Dr. C. Georgalas (ENT), Dr. A.L. Vahrmeijer (oncology).
- Erasmus Medical Center (EUMC), Rotterdam, Prof. A.F.W. van der Steen (cardiovascular imaging), Dr. G. van Soest (intravascular imaging), Prof. C. Löwik (optical molecular imaging).
- Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Rotterdam, Prof. J.C. van Meurs (vitreoretinal surgery).
- University of Utrecht, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Prof. W. Back (equine surgery).
- Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI), Amsterdam, Prof. H.J.C.M. Sterenborg (optical diagnosis).
- Reinier de Graaf Hospital, Delft, “Friends of Reinier de Graaf” foundation.
- HAGA Hospital, The Hague, Dr. P. J. van Huijstee (trauma and general thoracic surgery).
- Philips Research (NL)
- Corbion Purac (NL)
- DEMCON (NL)
- Technobis (NL)
- LifeTec Group (NL)
- NEMAG (NL)
- Delft Prosthetics (NL)
- DORC (NL)
For more information on the foundation of DEAM, see here.